With about six weeks remaining in the 2016 season, the Mississippi Disc Golf site has recorded 56 disc golf events within Mississippi. March was the most active month with ten events held across the Magnolia State. Well over 1,100 unique players have participated in events thus far. Disc golf is certainly alive and well within the State of Mississippi!
With colder temps and Daylight Savings time going out the window, opportunities to compete are limited. Only four or five events are left in the season! Which players are dominating their divisions? A quick look at the player stats show some tight races and some run-aways in their divisions:
- Pro Men - Josh Coghill (162) and Jacob Henson (161) are in a tight battle for the overall lead. Their stats are amazingly similar, 14 events with 5 1st place finishes for each! Mike Hover is lurking not too far behind with 153 points!
- Pro Women - Brandi Myers (28) and Mandy Sharp (25) are in a similar battle in the female division.
- Advance Master Men - Tony Palmer (79) has a ten point lead over Shannon Flory.
- Advance Men - Jared McCall (183) has slam-dunked this division with no one close. May be time to "move up, Jared"!
- Intermediate Men - Bryan Kirk (150) has a slim twelve-point lead over Kyle Palmer
These are just a few of the divisional races. You can check out others and where your standing are here!